Civilian staff positions allow you to enjoy many of the benefits of a job with NZ Police, even if you feel becoming a police officer isn't for you. Support roles Roles in ICT, HR, Intelligence and Communications are regularly advertised. If you've got skills and are looking for some better work stories, apply for one of our civilian staff vacancies today.
For all vacancies or to subscribe to job alerts go to New Zealand Police's website
HOW TO APPLY FOR NZ POLICE JOBS
Applying for police jobs may be different from other jobs you've applied for in the past, so you'll need to follow the application instructions closely. You'll also have much more chance of success if you follow these guidelines when you apply:
- Make sure you're eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Read the job description carefully, and think about how your skills and experience match what's required.
- Don't be afraid to speak to the relevant contact if you have questions about the job.
- Complete the application form, making sure that you demonstrate your abilities as they relate to each of the selection criteria.
- Update your CV, and tailor it to the job you're applying for.
- Write a covering letter explaining why you're interested in the job.
- Check your application to make sure it's complete, easy to read and error-free.
- Submit your application to the appropriate person, by the closing date given.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
NZ Police is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and we continue to aim for the proportion of female staff and the ethnic diversity of staff to more closely reflect the make-up of New Zealand's population. Rest assured, your gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious beliefs will not affect your application for any job within NZ Police.